Saturday, October 25, 2008

Into The Blue


You know that feeling of trepidation that makes its way from somewhere near your knees, up your belly and then hovers near your heart – the constant fluttering making it rather difficult to breathe and think? That’s how I’m feeling right now because I haven’t blogged in so long that I’m afraid I’ve forgotten how... And that whatever I write is going to be utter crap...

It’s funny how I have so little to write about even though the events of the last few months have changed my life... And I don’t mean to sound dramatic or anything, but having a ten tonne army truck rip into you, does give you a fresh perspective... And as of now, I’m still trying to wipe the fog out of my looking glass so the endless (and no doubt beautiful) horizon ahead of me is better visible.

When she realised that she had had a relapse of cancer, my mother once told me, “I wish sometimes that I could maybe paint the future for you to see – the endless possibilities ahead of us, baby – even if I’m not here to see them unfold. But you need to get there on your own.”
I suddenly realise what she meant.

The twisted metal trap the car turned into; inexplicably set me free... To a future that is so gloriously uncertain... And I love every minute of it...

P.S - I solemnly swear that I shall catch up with all your posts - new and old - and even if I can't comment on all of them, be sure that I will read them... Just give me some time. Three months of absence needs a fair amount of time to catch up with.

47 comments:

Sphinx said...

Hey cutesy,

Welcome back:). And I hope you stay around here now for the sake of us and the innumerable fans u have...*wink wink*

First of all, I know the kind of resolve and grit that u have shown to come out as positive as you have out of all of this....The posts are just a mirror to the mindset u have..and this one sure is super positive and thats what I love about it!

Often we overlook what we have and start to take it for granted. Freedom is one such thing...This is just the begining..The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time. Lets live each day and make each day worth living again...

How about a 'bloody mary' to your health ;)??

Jagjit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jagjit said...

ya, nd while u were away, u got a new reader as well :) looking forward to read more from u... welcome back... happy diwali

Anonymous said...

i know bubbles.. always love you kid... do come back with your full vigour.. cheers

Prakhar said...

**you need to get there on your own.”**... beautiful nd true words!

and as you said you should love every minute....wish you celebrate every moment of life :)

What's In A Name ? said...

No one puts it that cheerfully..... that too after an almost-life-taking accident.

just keep typing. u will soon get into the groove.

Phoenix said...

*Hugs*

god! i missed you :)

i know exactly what aunty meant... had a kind of live changing thing lately and realize just how precious loved ones are...

Anonymous said...

awwww love you :) I miss you so much please talk soon :)

Sam said...

oh well... on my part i assure you there won't be much catching up to do... though in some other time, this wudn't have been true.. i knw wot u mean... i obtained dat perspective really early in life... realisation sank in late though... but i think dats wen i learnt!!
gud thing u feel having been set free... not many feel dat in reality.. they think they do.. but do they??

Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan said...

Just glad to know u're ok... its true though. such an experience can really change one's way of looking at the world around you...

gypsy said...

yeaa yeaaa come baccckkkkkkkkkk....


:)

Preetilata【ツ】 said...

lovely lines. it proves that u hvnt forgttn writting. infct u hv gain a newer n fresher perspective towards life.

happy to c u bk.:)

take care :)

Vadapoche said...

Hey bubbles! Welcome back,take your time. Have a wonderful Deepavali!

The Furobiker said...

good to see u back!

take your time to catch up with the blogs n posts.. hope your health is good nw

Sachin Garg said...

wow!
you are so back!
Happy Diwali!

Macadamia The Nut said...

I'm SO glad to see that you're back!!
Was kinda worried
*HUGS!!!!*

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

i love this blog n i love you more fo being the one behind a major chunk of my wisdom!!
muah

Pinku said...

welcome to life!!!

Sam said...

the houdini act again is it?

Mystique said...

you're BACK!!!

Anonymous said...

i miss you alot

little boxes said...

welcome back :)
god bless you...
this is just the beginning of the rest of your beautiful life

Sam said...

Hey, its great to have you back,, hope you are doing good seetie!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Bumdum, u r back to blogs n u dint even get to my blog :(...

Just kidding, howdy u ? And r u back to ur home ? i wud be happy if u wud join t he common blog Raka must hv told u :)

wud give u a call soon!!

visit http://lifebeyondobvious.blogspot.com/ for my new blog........

Anonymous said...

i miss you alot want to talk :( where is you?

Urv said...

Heyaa.. welcome back :)

IncorrigibleV said...

Blog updated and url changed to this.
Will come back later to read and comment.

Ashish Surana said...

i hope you are fine and doing good now !!!

stay happy and keep smiling !! :)

Cяystal said...

Sweeetiepie!
Welcome back..stay for some time. :D

Be back with full vigour..
*hugs!*

farustar said...

good to know yer back! do take care

Tomz said...

Welcome back to d bloggerworld Bubbles f Firewhisky..hope u fell better

Tomz

Unknown said...

Hey! This is the first time I have visited your blog and I truly love your enthusiasm and optimism. I can only imagine how tough it must be for you, so take care, keep smiling and keep up the good spirits!
You have a beautiful blog and a good number of followers, so my comment may be like a drop in a bucketful of water, but I couldn't keep myself from congratulating you on your recovery!

Scribblers Inc said...

you girl, are a true hero...I was here when the well wishes were piling up...and they, it seems have gotten you back and bouncy...

I salute thee...

wishes and health
Scribblers Inc.

Sameera Ansari said...

Welcome back dear!Can imagine how it must be to be back here after months.Am sure you will be writing away as always in no time,cause you cannot not be able to do what you are so good at :)

TC.Love & Hugs

Iriz said...

Dear, i'm very very very happy to know you're fine...From time to time I've been thinking "How's Bubbles of Firewhiskey? I hope to see her back"

I've been out of the blogger as well and just like you I'm glad to be back.

Thanks for letting us know you're fine and getting better.

We miss you!

*Hugs*

P said...

yeah, it's sad but true...we always need a bolt from the blue to realize the value of life...
You are a fabulous writer :B

Swathi Bellavi said...

Wish u a very happy new Year 2009!!!!

Upkaran said...

Wish you a Fabulous New Year Ahead……… Take Care…… Joy

IncorrigibleV said...

im sure the future's gonna hold for u a whole lotta beautiful moments that will make u feel happy and free.
hugs as always!

Satanic Angel said...

oh man, how are ya now?!? update update :)

Toon Indian said...

Welcome to the blogville!!

Unknown said...

whatever!! you're still in.. you are very welcome to come back...=)

Phoenix speaks.... said...

Welcome Back!!! Missed your Blog...

Mumbai Guy said...

Long time no hear - How are you Mann?

Renovatio said...

Right, so it's been long enough. Not everyone gets to get away with eight month hiatuses. Write.

Meghna said...

welcome back!!!!


i JUST HOPE U HAVNT FORGOTTEN UR DEAR LI'L SISSY

MISSED U TONS!!!!

Akanksha said...

Where are you dear??? Hope all is fine at your end...Please, Please update the blog...let us all know that u're fine.

Missing u sweety:(
Take care