
I think about how everyone seems to be doing something with their lives, how they seem to be heading somewhere as opposed to standing on the sidewalk, staring off into space. I think about why staring off into space is considered "doing nothing". I think about why it is so wrong to stand there and think.
It's not as though everyone who is heading somewhere knows exactly where he is going to. It's not like those who know exactly where they are heading to don't have unforeseen problems hurled their way. So why is it so wrong to take the time off, stare into space or smell the flowers or throw a stick to a puppy and think?
Think about a passing thought that made you think why you do what you do. Think about your motivation in life, about your priorities and if money matters more than sanity. Think about the cute guy who smiled at you as you crossed the street. Think about the kind shopkeeper who gave you something to eat on credit because it was the month end. Think about why you get onto a bike without your helmet on, about why you drink at parties. Think about the U.S as opposed to Australia as opposed to the U.K for an education. Think about an education that will make you think. Think about rediscovering some long forgotten nugget of wisdom because at the end of the day it is just information that is thrown at you and all you can do is think. Think about your fate. Think about how your fate differs from your destiny because at the end of the day life has its own plans for you. Think about reading this post. Think about why it has been written. Think about bliss and contentment rather than happiness and a quick high. Think about what you want to do rather than what they tell you you really want to do. Think about your God. Think about cutting a deal with him or about selling your soul to the devil.
Think.
Think about being free.
9 comments:
I do a lot of random thinking... And I think there is absolutely nuthin wrong with taking time off to smell the flowers, infact it is necessary sometime. It's what helps us keep our mind. I love the post and I love you more.
Hugs Bubbles, talk to u soon
Well written!!
Its just a day that I am back in Kolkata n i cant stop thinking either!!and I found those things wriiten just so relevant.
just 2days back when I was standin on my verandah at 2a.m, freezing.. I was wondering why we keep running all our lives. stay away from parents, give up so many things just to be alone at some strange city!!I still remember those breezy winter nights when I was about 5!!Just love to get nostalgic.
this post speaks my mind...although i have been taking too much time to smell the flowers..but still, its good to stop once in a while n take note of whats really happening..
good one :)
All cogent thoughts. Makes perfect sense to me. :)
Hmmm...now thats what I call thinking and writing...and making the reader think and think a lil more! I love this post and it makes so much of sense. One needs to just sit back and think...and one'll realize how often we end up doing something just because we are expected to do it....rather sad way of living ....and i feel nice that it especially is coming from you :)
Loads of love....never ever give up writing!....coz u know that u love it..... Think!:)
One of the major problems with me is that i THINK way too much..so u see one actually does time to mull or muse over things..and recently have been thinking quite more than usual and its just n pretty obvious thoughts to flare up.. and loved the pic u chose for the post and moreover the choice of words as always describing exactly is the state of mind (of mine atleast)
Bear hugs n lodsa love :)
Thought Provoking!!!
The only time i get to 'think' is while walking home from the place where my ofc bus drops me. And these two minues I utilize in the thought process that makes me wonder about all those things u mentioned.
I hope, some day I would have more time to do the thinking thing.
Nice post btw.Hope u're fine and everything is going well in life.
Take care
Akanksha
i thought about thinking, thinking what i should be thinking if all i had the ability to think a rational thought. i though and thought and thought, and then i think i gave and fell asleep. lol...
could help it with all the think in your post!! :P
nice post btw!!
Post a Comment