I have always found it rather shameful that I have been a closet romantic for most of my life. In keeping with the "Let's go mad now that I am 21" theme that my life seems to be following of late, I am officially stepping out of this cold, dark and rather damp closet.
I have always been a romantic - always. But my kind of romance takes some getting used to. Candle-light is great; but it would better if it happened at home with a meal that was prepared together. Roses are lovely as long as you give them to me in a pot so they don't die out as bouquets do. I don't care for champagne or caviar, I'd rather have a cuddle while watching the sun set on a hot, muggy and tiring day. Moonlit beaches are du jour, but a regular head massage and neck rub works better. I don't need to hear him say that I am beautiful everyday, but I love it when he presses his nose into my hair to breathe me in as if all the time in the world wouldn't be enough.
But mostly, I dislike people declaring that they "fell in love" with someone; it sounds like your eyes weren't on the road when you were driving and you landed in a ditch. Love, as I see it, is not something you fall into or fall out of. It just is. And like all things living, breathing and growing in life, it dies and is reborn, it ebbs and it flows. It's like surfing - sometimes you catch a wave and sometimes you don't. And when you don't overthink it, you have so much fun.
11 comments:
*smiles* @ the pic in the post.
I loved hearing you in this one...srsly, welcome out of the closet, hopefully I can follow myself out sometime.
Hugs!
nice but why a cuddle on a hot day?? why not that glass of cold coffee?? :P
@ vands... hugs!
@ sam... d AC is always on! n i feel relly cold...
Do i recognize the pic?? :)
and oh well.... U were always a romantic... I knew it all along. Just that i think i am one locked away in atleast 5 clausets!!
Love u for all that u are!
P.s. Roses? Please to explain! :P
@ tanuj... yes u recognise d pic tho i did crop it rathr severely... :P n ur d only 1 hu knws exactly hw wide my romantic streak is in reality... btw, u being lockd up in 5 closets? i thot i tuk care f tat... n i adore u... muah. i dnt knw hw u put up wid me. also, abt d roses... i mean dose big bunches tat most bfs'seem 2 gt dr bettr halves...
simple and fresh!! thanks for making me smile :)
-Bonnie
such a sweet soul. lucky guy who found you.
"when you don't overthink it, you have so much fun." i'll keep that in mind! :)
have a great day! :)
@ iriz... :) i dunno abt lucky... :P we hv our days...
Wow!Who would've thunk :)
Loved it!
Please mail the director of I Hate Love(sorry Luv)Stories (darnit...Storys!) a copy of this post.
@ vidya... sure! wts d id? :P
Post a Comment